Seniors know best!

After four years at Blake, the seniors have some advice for the new freshmen.

Rishard Dukes

Tianna Brown and Zenis Gordon want freshmen to know you don’t mess with the seniors!

Rishard Dukes, Social Media Manager

As new faces enter Blake High School, old and familiar faces still crowd the hallways. As freshmen and seniors alike walk down the halls they are experiencing their first and last years of high school. Several seniors gave advice to freshmen as then begin their high school career:

• Don’t let your friends get you in trouble. Make sure you follow in the right crowd. As you progress through high school, there will be plenty of various influences that will either lead you in he wrong way, or the right way.
  • Don’t be afraid to be yourself!
    As one senior Claudia Ocaña said, “This school is full of positive [ influences ] and accepting individuals. Therefore, you should embrace your uniqueness!”
  • Be prepared for anything!
    From the depths of the senior section of the lunchroom, Louis Torres states that,
    “Classes can sometimes get overwhelming and you’ll need to make sure you don’t push yourself too much. These classes will catch up to you so be prepared for homework projects and extracurricular stuff to accumulate.”

Blake High School can be a very special experience, especially being a Performing Arts school. This school is filled with multiple, colorful personalities that for sure will cause you to instantly fall in love with our programs… and school!