The student news site of Howard W. Blake High School

Blake Vespula

Blake Vespula

Blake Vespula

THE BIGGEST NFL CONSPIRACY

An “issue” not uncommon to the NFL has reimerged this year and in a far more aggressive fashion compared to years past. The “issue” of “rigged” games, a conspiracy once only uttered at the Thanksgiving dinner table by your uncle has now become a popular debate amongst fans.

The argument is that players refs and coaches are being paid undisclosed sums of money (on top of already their exorbitantly high salaries) to throw games however, evidence of this has been minimal at best and nonexistent at worse. Many pointed towards the Superbowl logo which in the past 2 years predicted the team’s colors months prior to the big game(this year red/purple), but since the the ravens lost this has fallen on def ears.

Another point of contemption has been bad calls made by referees, though we’ve all suffered at the hands of them its much easier to call malicious intent over genuine mistake. Though with the presence of so many of these calls it’s not necessarily unreasonable.

I see this as a possible but unlikely theory being that staging such things so important to Americans is a very risky move and if it ever got out could
spell an end to the NFL.