The student news site of Howard W. Blake High School

Blake Vespula

Blake Vespula

Blake Vespula

Blake vs Freedom High school

Blake won its game against Freedom High school in blowout win 43 to 3, this game may have been one sided, but it was far from boring, this is a quick summary of the game and its biggest plays.

In the first couple plays of the game the Yellow Jackets had a good start of the drive but fumbled the ball early and freedom recovered it, they ran the ball well getting to the 15-yard line but were stopped so they kicked a field goal (3 to 0) Freedom. This was the only score of the quarter as both defenses found success in stopping each other’s offense, but this would soon change as Blake turned up the heat. Blake scored a touchdown on their next possession 6 to 3, then on Freedom’s next drive Zyon Jones picked off a very high pass and picked up a touchdown and Blake had a successful 2-point conversion(14 to 3).The Yellow Jackets defense stopped a field goal attempt by freedom bringing an end to the 1st quarter, Blakes defense picks up a safety after freedom has a high snap which lands in the end zone. (16 to 3)

On the kick return Juju Collins catches the ball and dodges tackle after tackle and returns it for an amazing touchdown (24 to 3) as Jay Downs throws a great ball for a 2-point conversion. Blakes defense brings Freedom’s offense to a stop as Juju Collins picks off a big pass at the 10-yard line running it to the 20. Leon Haynes would have scored a 80-yard touchdown if it wasn’t for a holding penalty, that brings an end to the 1st half.

Not much happened in the third quarter as no one scored.

On the first play of the 4th quarter Deshawn Neal ran the ball about 55 yards before being pushed out at the 2-yard line, after a few stoppages the Yellow Jackets ran the ball in for a touchdown (31 to 3). Blakes defense stops Freedom’s offense and Blakes offense gains possession. With steady yardage up field Blake and Leon Haynes runs in a touchdown off of a sweep, but Blake unfortunately doesn’t convert on the 2-point conversion. And on the last drive of the game Juju Collins has a hat-trick getting a pick six ending the game 43 to 0.