College ready!

Courtney Brown

Senior Demetrius Powell is excited for his future and is happy for his final days at Blake.

Courtney Brown, Entertainment Editor

It’s six weeks till we will bid farewell to our Class of 2017 seniors. While some will end their education, some will venture on and extend theirs, including Demetrius Powell. Demetrius (also known as Goggles) is a T.V. production major, and has been attending Blake his entire high school career. He’s better known for being a linebacker/defensive lineman for the fighting Yellow Jackets Football Team. His football background is what has colleges knocking on his doorstep.

In a recent interview with The Jacket Online, he reveals that University of Central Florida, Virginia Tech, FAMU, and Northeastern Missouri have been looking at him to join their team. While they wait for an answer, Goggles’ dream is to attend Virginia Tech. When applying for colleges, Demetrius says he wasn’t that anxious because of his athletic scholarship, and he had the help of his coaches AD and Thomas. Demetrius plans on majoring in marketing when he starts college and plans on becoming a Delta. When asked, “If you knew what you know now, what would you do differently?” he responded, “I would do my work more, be more dedicated, and also balance football and school.” Demetrius says to underclassmen, “Focus on college sooner because it comes faster than you know it.” Goggles thanks Blake lastly for humbling himself through the years, and wishes everyone the best.