The student news site of Howard W. Blake High School

Blake Vespula

Blake Vespula

Blake Vespula

Blake vs Chamberlain 10/20

On Friday October 19th the Yellow Jackets had a decisive win against the Chamberlain Storm winning 54 to 19 and adding on to an already tremendous season!

The game started undeniably competitive with Chamberlain getting an outstanding 50-plus yard punt return. Blake responded with a 25-yard pass that got ran in for a touchdown by Juju Collins. Blake stops the Storms offense forcing a punt. On Blake’s next drive Chamberlain picks off a pass scoring a touchdown. Blake strikes back with a touchdown of their own from a great run by Deshawn Neal 13-7. Blake stops Chamberlain in their tracks then gets the ball. The Yellow Jackets have a great 5 play drive scoring a touchdown early in quarter 2. Blake decides for an on-side kick and it’s successful as the Yellow Jackets get the ball and score soon after (27-7). Blake kicked the ball off, Chamberlain threw an interception to Winsor Casimir who ran a long distance before being tackled near the 20 yard-line. A few great runs later and Blake was in the endzone, (33-7).

Chamberlain stepped on the gas after this forcing a punt from Blake and scoring a touchdown afterwards lessening the score gap (33-13). Leon Haynes gives a perfect response with a 58-yard run punt return giving Blake excellent field position. Leon gets the ball again and runs it to the 5-yard line before getting stopped and a play later Blake is in off of a well-executed jet sweep (41-13) That brings end to the second quarter.

Blake gets off to a good start run wise as Chamberlain doesn’t seem to have an answer for the Yellow Jackets run game. Blake scored again, pulling the game even further from the hands of Chamberlain (48-13). Chamberlain strikes back with a beautiful 36-yard touchdown pass, setting the score at 48-19. To end this game Blake gets the ball and drives up field for a touchdown (54-19). Chamberlain did recover a fumble but wasn’t able to score before the clock drained and the game ended.

This was a very good back and forward bout that was fun through to the end. With this win The Yellow Jackets are ready to face Robbinson High school next week!