The student news site of Howard W. Blake High School

Blake Vespula

Blake Vespula

Blake Vespula

Blake Yellow Jackets football season recap

The Yellow Jackets have had an incredible football season this year out-doing their already outstanding season they had last year.

This Performance didn’t come about overnight credit must be given to the outstanding coaches and players who gave their best effort every day!

From 4-7 o’clock monday-thursday you can expect to see the team on the field practicing for friday’s game. Refined improved and ready to show out win or lose.

The Yellow Jackets started the season with huge win against Leto highschool 43 to 0. The Yellow Jackets then moved on to play similarly skilled Alonso losing in a close neck to neck bout. This loss, however didn’t stop Blake as they went on to devastate their next 5 opponent’s in blow out victories especially the 54 to 0 win against Brandon highschool.
(47-14 Middleton)
(43-3 Freedom)
(28-18 Jefferson)
(29-3 King)

Tampa Catholic, put an end to Blake’s 5 game win streak, delivering the Yellow Jackets the second loss on their record. Blake bounced back, comfortably putting chamberlain away in a 54 to 19 victory.

The next game featured a tough outing with a 40 to 0 loss to Robinson, bringing an end to the regular season.

Unfortunately, Blake lost its first playoff game against Clearwater highschool 35 to 12 putting an end to the season.

Though the season ended in defeat, the Blake Yellow jackets showed more than enough heart and resilience and its clear they will go very far next season!